Tuesday, March 20, 2012

2012 with wool & i rejuvenation

more and more I have been thinking about giving up on any career goals I may sort of have and am thinking about throwing in the proverbial towel and becoming like a freelance domestic. I just want someone to pay me to bake yummy things or crochet hats and then tweet about it. jk I am still ambitious. but think I will definitely blog more about things I am making, doing and reading creative-wise. also seems cute to have a bit more of a 'life blog'

starting with these things:

svpply
not overly sure what the deal with svpply is to be honest, I have a feeling it collates stuff from shopping sites all over the internet. and it sort of 'remembers' what you've been looking at and selects items based on your previous browsing... but it's beautiful looking

frankly
this is a craft magazine for the webite 'folksy' which is a British craft website. I'm not sure if it's print.. seems closely related to frankie mag if so hmm. their articles all tell you how long it will probably take to read, which, in light of some of the things I've been bookmarking on the AV club, is quite kind of them

when I was volunteering at Future Cinema's production of Bugsy Malone last weekend I met this lady who works for a bakery in Shoreditch called Crimson Heart. cool gal, great cakes, terrible website! she was telling me about these themed cake nights they have as part of this British/worldwide organisation called Clandestine Cake Club. a cake club is easily the best thing I've ever heard of.. I really want to start one in Crystal Palace! also I want to investigate whether there are crafternoons around CP, seems like a thing that would happen there. or maybe I'll just start one myself, a la Brown Owls.

and here are things I would make if I had the funds to buy more than 15p packets of Sainsbury's noodles
hot chocolate on a stick
lime macarons (will have to write up the recipe I make them with for ya'll)
I really really want to make Japanese curry because back home I ate it like 3 times a week.. but in London there aren't as many hole in the wall asian places to get your fix like that, you have to go to horrible chains that charge you an arm and a leg. I've been researching it a bit and it seems like you need these specific Japanese curry cubes or you have to chuck a whole bunch of spices and veg in to make it like they do.

anyway next time I am going to do a blog post about Crystal Palace and what it is like here and other things of that nature


No comments:

Post a Comment